Controllerless Networks

Contributor II

Aruba Instant Internal Server Authentication Failure With Complex Passwords

Hardware - Aruba IAP-105

Software - 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0

I've got an IAP 105 that I'm trying to set up a WPA2 Enterprise SSID on.  I've successfully got the SSID built, but wasn't able to authenticate to the SSID.  Both my devices (an iPhone4S and a Nexus 7 tablet) report authentication errors, as does the IAP.  So I thought, maybe somehow I'm flubbing my password.  So I changed my password to "abc123" and lo and behold it worked.  So I changed it back to my normal password, and it failed again.  Baffled that maybe somehow my password length (>12 characters) was causing the problem, I changed the password to "1234567890" which again, worked.  Back to my password again, not so much.  I finally changed the password to "abc123ABC456" and was then able to reproduce the password not working.  This password is very similar to the one I want to use, that is, both capital and lower case letters, some numbers, and no special characters.  It appears that if I have any complexity at all in the password, authentication fails.  Ideas anyone?

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba Instant Internal Server Authentication Failure With Complex Passwords

daringone wrote:

Hardware - Aruba IAP-105

Software - 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0

I've got an IAP 105 that I'm trying to set up a WPA2 Enterprise SSID on.  I've successfully got the SSID built, but wasn't able to authenticate to the SSID.  Both my devices (an iPhone4S and a Nexus 7 tablet) report authentication errors, as does the IAP.  So I thought, maybe somehow I'm flubbing my password.  So I changed my password to "abc123" and lo and behold it worked.  So I changed it back to my normal password, and it failed again.  Baffled that maybe somehow my password length (>12 characters) was causing the problem, I changed the password to "1234567890" which again, worked.  Back to my password again, not so much.  I finally changed the password to "abc123ABC456" and was then able to reproduce the password not working.  This password is very similar to the one I want to use, that is, both capital and lower case letters, some numbers, and no special characters.  It appears that if I have any complexity at all in the password, authentication fails.  Ideas anyone?

Daringone,

Thank you for your info. 

We are in the middle of investigating this. 

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

I've downgraded to 6.1.3.1-3.0.0.2 and the problem has been resolved.  I'll be happy to help test solutions to the 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0 when available.

Retired Employee

daringone,

I would recommend you to open a TAC case regarding this.

Thanks,
--
HT
Contributor II

I don't need the latest and greatest in this case.  This is literally my personal IAP.  I'll wait until the kinks are worked out and then upgrade again.

New Contributor

I am also setting up an Instant 105 for personal use. I am currently getting DHCP from a Netgear Router. How do I configure the Instant to be the DHCP Server? What options will I have and will it manage my Wired clients as well? The 105 is connected to a POE switch as well as the other desktops. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: