Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Instant Internal Server Authentication Failure With Complex Passwords

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba Instant Internal Server Authentication Failure With Complex Passwords

Posted Oct 04, 2012 02:12 PM

Hardware - Aruba IAP-105

Software - 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0

I've got an IAP 105 that I'm trying to set up a WPA2 Enterprise SSID on.  I've successfully got the SSID built, but wasn't able to authenticate to the SSID.  Both my devices (an iPhone4S and a Nexus 7 tablet) report authentication errors, as does the IAP.  So I thought, maybe somehow I'm flubbing my password.  So I changed my password to "abc123" and lo and behold it worked.  So I changed it back to my normal password, and it failed again.  Baffled that maybe somehow my password length (>12 characters) was causing the problem, I changed the password to "1234567890" which again, worked.  Back to my password again, not so much.  I finally changed the password to "abc123ABC456" and was then able to reproduce the password not working.  This password is very similar to the one I want to use, that is, both capital and lower case letters, some numbers, and no special characters.  It appears that if I have any complexity at all in the password, authentication fails.  Ideas anyone?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant Internal Server Authentication Failure With Complex Passwords

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2012 02:38 PM

@daringone wrote:

Hardware - Aruba IAP-105

Software - 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0

I've got an IAP 105 that I'm trying to set up a WPA2 Enterprise SSID on.  I've successfully got the SSID built, but wasn't able to authenticate to the SSID.  Both my devices (an iPhone4S and a Nexus 7 tablet) report authentication errors, as does the IAP.  So I thought, maybe somehow I'm flubbing my password.  So I changed my password to "abc123" and lo and behold it worked.  So I changed it back to my normal password, and it failed again.  Baffled that maybe somehow my password length (>12 characters) was causing the problem, I changed the password to "1234567890" which again, worked.  Back to my password again, not so much.  I finally changed the password to "abc123ABC456" and was then able to reproduce the password not working.  This password is very similar to the one I want to use, that is, both capital and lower case letters, some numbers, and no special characters.  It appears that if I have any complexity at all in the password, authentication fails.  Ideas anyone?

Daringone,

Thank you for your info. 

We are in the middle of investigating this. 

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant Internal Server Authentication Failure With Complex Passwords

Posted Oct 04, 2012 03:55 PM

I've downgraded to 6.1.3.1-3.0.0.2 and the problem has been resolved.  I'll be happy to help test solutions to the 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0 when available.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant Internal Server Authentication Failure With Complex Passwords

Posted Oct 05, 2012 12:50 PM
    daringone,

I would recommend you to open a TAC case regarding this.

Thanks,

• 5.  RE: Aruba Instant Internal Server Authentication Failure With Complex Passwords

Posted Oct 09, 2012 11:33 AM

I don't need the latest and greatest in this case.  This is literally my personal IAP.  I'll wait until the kinks are worked out and then upgrade again.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Instant Internal Server Authentication Failure With Complex Passwords

Posted Jan 27, 2013 07:48 AM

I am also setting up an Instant 105 for personal use. I am currently getting DHCP from a Netgear Router. How do I configure the Instant to be the DHCP Server? What options will I have and will it manage my Wired clients as well? The 105 is connected to a POE switch as well as the other desktops.