Controllerless Networks

Contributor II

Aruba Instant - No network access

HI Airheads!

I have a customer with some Instant clusters in his plants.

In one of those plants, there is a problem.

The Iap cluster is a 16 AP-204 group, and now is running in version "6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666".

Sometimes, the customer says to me that unless he detect full radio signal on his terminals (PC and/or smartphones) he cannot access the network.

Now I'm analyzing the syslog dump at the time he detected the problem, and marked as "errors" I can see plenty of these logs:

10.7.0.101    May 18 09:00:44    2016    local1    err    10.7.0.101 bcaruba    <353000> <ERRS> <10.7.0.101 AC:A3:1E:C3:93:9A>  DPIMGR: sos_dpi_expire_ext_flow 999 expiring all ext flows for a non existing sessions.

and also this:

10.7.0.103    May 18 14:48:58    2016    local1    err    10.7.0.103 cli[1819]    <541046> <ERRS> <10.7.0.103 AC:A3:1E:C3:93:26>  recv_sta_move_resp: Unexpected sta-60:a3:7d:a9:34:a4 lkup resp from 10.7.0.122,

Searching on the web and also watching at the official documentation, does not explain to me what those logs mean...

Can you help me?

Thanx in advance!

---
Metalgalle
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba Instant - No network access

Those settings might be unrelated to your issue (signal strength).  What kind of external antennas do you have on the APs?  How high are they mounted?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Thanx for reply! :-)

I used the AP-ANT-1B antennas for all the APs.

They are installed between 2 and 4 meters from the ground.

---
Metalgalle
Guru Elite

That should be fine.

How far apart are they mounted?  Are they mounted in Aisles?  Did you do a site survey to see your coverage?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

They are not so distant from each other.

No, they're not mounted in asyles, they're mounted in some kind of open space offices.

Yes, I do the site survey and the coverage is excellent.

Just to let you know, my customer, says to me that often, during a meeting (and so without moving around), they notice that they can't connect to the network unless they have full of wifi singnal, so I try to check the syslog in order to grab some error messages and the only message I saw at the time of the failure are those ones... But I don't know if they're related to the network failure or not...

---
Metalgalle
Guru Elite

What wireless client is the customer using?

Colin Joseph

Contributor II

They reported to me that they have problem with both laptops (mainly HP with Intel Processor and WiFi) and iPhone or iPad devices.

Maybe is useful to notice that the problem is concurrent on the iPhone/iPad network (WPA2-PSK) and the laptops network (WPA Enterprise EAP with Microsoft Radius server).

---
Metalgalle
Guru Elite

Do you have "Broadcast filter ARP" enabled on all SSIDs?

Colin Joseph

Contributor II

Yes i do!

---
Metalgalle
Guru Elite

What is your ARM minimum and maximum power.  Do you have a snapshot of the list of the APs with performance?

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: