Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Instant Solution with clearpass guest controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba Instant Solution with clearpass guest controller

Posted Feb 19, 2015 04:13 AM

We have a scenario in which we have 30 outles with each of the outlets will be requiring 4 X IAPs.

The business requirement is to centrlly manage all of the IAP clusters and also provide the complete clearpass guest features like SMS integration , Advertisemnts etc to the clients etc.

I was looking at the Aruba central but it dont see  the complete guest features like sms integration etc hence staying away from that.

What is the best solution and what are the componets required.

Does it require airwave as madatory for managing all  the IAP clusters or I can manage them from the central controller which i will use it for terminating all the tunnels. 

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant Solution with clearpass guest controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2015 06:17 AM

If all of your guest traffic is going to the same location, you should convert the IAPs to campus APs and connect them to a controller.   That way all the traffic would tunnel back to the controller and you would have a single configuration at the controller for guest access pointing to clearpass.

If you have IAPs alone, you can configure them individually to point to the ClearPass server (https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/37), but you would be managing the configuations individually unless you have Airwave.  Airwave would allow you to manage all of the IAP configurations and configure them to point to the Clearpass server for guest access.

These are general statements, and you should contact your Aruba Sales Engineer or Reseller for your real options moving forward based on your individual deployment.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant Solution with clearpass guest controller

Posted Feb 21, 2015 02:04 PM

Thanks colin,

So I can do it without a seperate controller for terminating the tunnels from the IAPs.

In this case how would airwave reaches the virtual controller for configurations ? as it will not be having a static IP ?

Also is there any option to opt for Aruba central subscription and get clearpass guest features also ( customer is interested in SMS integration). May be getting a clearpass subscription from aruba itself (if you have that ) or take VM from any IAAS providers and run my clearpass guest over there.

what will be  time delay of getting to the cloud hosted clearpass,normally will it be acceptable for the users / have you tested/implemented this used case. can I suggest this to a client ? any pointers please ?

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant Solution with clearpass guest controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2015 03:13 PM