Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba Instant's not launching external captive portal

Hi everyone!

I've been experiencing some troubles with the external captive portal, cause the portal is not launching when connecting to the ssid, I have to be clear, we are working in a "No Internet" LAN solution, we have one server (with this services DHCP, DNS, Apache and DB) that connects to a single switch poe that connects the APs also.

When we connect to the SSID with the external captive portal configured, there's no action, we have to open a browser and write the url of the External Captive Portal in order con authenticate, cause there is no auto launch.

We don't know if this is due to a DNS problem or there is something else, perhaps some configuration missing on the Virtual Controller.

Here are some screens of our config, we'll appreciate any help.

IAPVC01.png

IAPVC02.pngIAPVC03.pngIAPVC04.pngIAPVC05.pngIAPVC06.pngIAPVC07.png

CapturaCodigo01.png

Greetings!!

Fernando Lazaro

Re: Aruba Instant's not launching external captive portal

Most of your config seems fine. A.walled garden isnt needed. B.Make sure instant VC and client have DNS resolve C.add .Html to your url address ( not just index ) D. redirect URL isnt needed for the test of external captive. Let us know if it solved your issue

#AirheadsMobile
*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************

Re: Aruba Instant's not launching external captive portal

Most of your config seems fine. A.walled garden isnt needed. B.Make sure instant VC and client have DNS resolve C.add .Html to your url address ( not just index ) D. redirect URL isnt needed for the test of external captive. Let us know if it solved your issue

#AirheadsMobile
*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: