Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba firmware update server URLs for update

Good afternoon all,

When I run Aruba firmware update check from within Instant OS, it shows nothing to update but when I bypass our filter it shows there is an update available. I have enabled aruba.brightcloud.com on our web filter but wondering what else do I have to whitelist to gain firmware updates without bypassing our filter please? Each time I click update I don't see any activity on the web filter to pinpoint where it's trying to go in order to whitelist it.

any direction links etc would be highly appreciated.

kindest regards

Jehanzeb

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba firmware update server URLs for update

Try here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Default.aspx?EntryId=20375

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks Colin, the link shows how to manually download the firmware which is good however my query is related to opening ports/whitelisting Aruba firmware direct update server URLs so that it automatically downloads the version when I click check for updates.

kindest regards

jehanzeb

Guru Elite

device.arubanetworks.com is what you should be whitelisting.  The brightcloud URL is for the web filtering and classification function.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks Colin, I have made the entry and will test it tomorrow, will update this tomorrow 

kindest regards

jehanzeb

Good morning Colin,

It still doesn't work. It says "Receveid No Response from the server" when I click on Check for New Version. However bypassing the filter it works fine.

There must be either IP range or URL that is blocking it I think.

Kindest regards

Jehanzeb

Guru Elite

Try allowing traffic to images.arubanetworks.com

Colin Joseph

Guru Elite

Also,

Make sure that your IAP has access to an NTP server (port 123), because if the clock is set to 1970 in the logs on the instant cluster, the cloud will assume that the certificate on the system is not valid yet.

Colin Joseph

I have a bigger problem now. I ran the update by bypassing the proxy and now although it updated some of the APs others it says it AP register failed due to image miss match.aaghhh

P.S. Image.arbua.... is already whitelisted. I found that it was trying to get to this IP address: 104.36.249.201. I have put that into exception list.

Kindest regards

Jehanzeb

Guru Elite

Are all of your IAPs the same model?

Quite frankly, most people update the software manually so that they know exactly what version to expect, so that they can fix bugs or gain features specifically for the version they want..

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: