Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba instant & default VLAN issue

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba instant & default VLAN issue

Posted Aug 31, 2015 05:02 AM

Hello all,

I'm using some aruba instant (105, 225, version 4.2.0.0) with airwave (version 8.0.9) and CPPM (versione6.5).

I've configured an employee SSID with the default VLAN assignment and I pass the correct VLAN to the virtual controller by using CPPM, for the VLAN ID 2 or higher my configuration is working and my client is able to get an IP address from DHCP.

When I try to use the default user role that's using the default VLAN I'm not able to get any IP address and access to the network.

Here my instant configuration:

vlan.PNG

roles.PNG

Current switch port where the AP are connected are configured with trunking and default VLAN 1.

Anyone has faced the same issue?

Thank you.

Gabriel

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Aruba instant & default VLAN issue

Posted Aug 31, 2015 06:00 AM

Hi,

In this scenario ( IAP uplink is Trunk and IP assigned is Network default ), Client will get IP from Native VLAN. Check whether you have DHCP configured with native VLAN subnet.

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 3.  RE: Aruba instant & default VLAN issue

Posted Aug 31, 2015 06:09 AM

dhanraj_puduchery@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi,

In this scenario ( IAP uplink is Trunk and IP assigned is Network default ), Client will get IP from Native VLAN. Check whether you have DHCP configured with native VLAN subnet.

Please feel free for any further help on this.

Hi Dhanraj,

yes our DHCP server is working correctly on the default VLAN.

Gabriel

• 4.  RE: Aruba instant & default VLAN issue

Posted Sep 01, 2015 05:15 AM

I've found out that the correct configuration for VLANs is the follow:

vlan.PNG

Now my corporate SSID is working correclty, but I still have the issue on the guest SSID, where when the controller assign me te correct role "guestlogin" I'm not able to get an IP address or reach any other device on the network.

Here my user roles configuration:

roles.PNG

Thanks,

Gabriel

• 5.  RE: Aruba instant & default VLAN issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2015 05:52 AM

You need to allow dhcp and dns in that guestlogon access-list.

• 6.  RE: Aruba instant & default VLAN issue

Posted Sep 02, 2015 06:02 AM

@Michael_Clarke wrote:

You need to allow dhcp and dns in that guestlogon access-list.

I've actually also done that but I've discovered that I'm only able to tag traffic on different VLANs other the default one. If a match a client to access to the default VLAN where the SSID is configured, it's not able to access the network, otherwise on all the other VLANs is working great.

We're using a factory-reset Cisco 3560 switch, so the default VLAN on the trunk port to the AP is the ID 1.

Thank you,

Gabriel