Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba instant with airwave

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba instant with airwave

Posted Apr 08, 2014 11:08 AM

Hi 

I have queries regarding instant and airwave.

I have 3 sites and 3 IAP clusters I want to have similar configuration in site 1. & 2.

I have created one group = organization string cluster 1. Done the config from Airwave.

Q. How can I add cluster 2 in same airwave  group.Should I put same organization string as cluster 1. So that it will get added to same airwave group an pick the config.

Q. For cluster 3 I will put diff organization string and it will act as diff group on Airwave.Is there any limitation on creating different clusters in Airwave ?

Harshad

• 2.  RE: Aruba instant with airwave

Posted Apr 09, 2014 05:36 PM
    for question 1. you can put it but make sure the virtual controller key is different from vc1 to vc2 if they are the same one of them will not talk back to airwave. you can change this on the CLI. just replace a few letters and numbers.

• 3.  RE: Aruba instant with airwave
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 11, 2014 06:16 PM

I use organization string:location (example store:001)

The template applies at the "store" level, and the iAP and VC go in the "001" folder so I get easy seperation for reports and such.

I use the same passcode on all clusters, never had any trouble with them communicating.