Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Best Practice for Centralized License and HA for APs ?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Best Practice for Centralized License and HA for APs ?

Posted Oct 08, 2017 03:17 AM

Hi All,

I'm newbie for Aruba so please help me to design for H/A Environment Master/Local Centralize License Enabled , I have 300 license for AP and PEF, Should I Install All the License on the Master Controller or Half/Half with Master and Local Controller, My Aspect is I want all APs can failover to Local Controller when if the Master is Down.

So what Option i should go

1. 300 Total License install on Master Controller

2. 150 License on Master and 150 on Local

Thanks.

Tanan

• 2.  RE: Best Practice for Centralized License and HA for APs ?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 08, 2017 03:55 AM

Take a look at the below:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/Multi__Network.htm

Apply the licenses on the master, the local will still obtain the licenses from the pool. You would still need to configure your redundancy method to have the AP fail over to the local regardless of the licenses.

• 3.  RE: Best Practice for Centralized License and HA for APs ?

Posted Oct 08, 2017 04:42 AM

Hi Zalion

When the master is go down. Can the Local Terminate All APs with Zero License ?

• 4.  RE: Best Practice for Centralized License and HA for APs ?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 08, 2017 04:46 AM

Yes, as per the doc:

If a licensing client does not receive 3 consecutive heartbeats from the server, it assumes that the server is down, and that any APs directly associated to the server are also down or have failed over to another controller. The client then adds any licenses used by the licensing server into to the pool of available licenses on that client. When a license client is unable to reach a license server for 30 consecutive days, it removes any shared licenses pushed to it from the licensing server, and reverts to its installed licenses. If the 30-day window has passed and yet controller does not have enough installed licenses for all its associated APs, the controller will nonetheless continue to support each AP. However, when an AP reboots and its controller does not have enough licenses, that AP will not come up.