Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Best controller for 8 AP 277.

Looking for the best cost effective mobile controller for  8 AP. Models are   AP 277. with licenses (if needed) included.

Thank you

Guru Elite

Re: Best controller for 8 AP 277.

The 7005 is the most cost effective and will handle up to 16 APS:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_7000Series.pdf

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

is compatible with 277 ap?  or where  I can see the supported AP list for this controller model

Guru Elite

It is compatible.  You should look to see what AOS the controller supports, first.  Then you should see what AOS the AP supports.  The minimum AOS version of the AP277 is the most important piece to this puzzle:  According to this:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AP270Series.pdf it is 6.4.3, which is supported by the 7005 controller.

Screenshot 2018-01-16 at 11.45.35.png

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I see. Last question the 7005 controller needs extra licenses for the 16 AP or I can add the 16 AP withouth buy any license?

Guru Elite

You need an AP license for each AP that the 7005 would serve. 

If you do not need the functionality of a hardware controller, you can order instant versions of those access points and one AP will be the virtual controller.  If you also order instants, you would have the option to convert them to campus APs later, so that they would work with a 7005 controller.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: