Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Bose SoundTouch 20

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Bose SoundTouch 20

Posted Oct 25, 2017 01:45 PM

I've a Bose SoundTouch 20 and the speaker connects fine to the Wifi network, but I can't connect/find it in the App. If I connect the speaker via its ethernet port I can connect via the App over wifi. It seems to me the wifi is blocking something used in the discovery/communication mechanism between the App and the Speaker. I'm using 2 Aruba IAP 205  for the home wireless network. Is there a special setting I need to enable/disable to get it to work. I've got broadcast filtering disabled as suggested on another thread and I've updated to the latest firmware versions on the IAPs. Please help. Its a new toy and its most frustraiitng because I need to connect the speaker via the wifi not ethernet.

• 2.  RE: Bose SoundTouch 20

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2017 03:45 AM

What discovery method does it use?

• 3.  RE: Bose SoundTouch 20
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 03, 2017 04:57 AM

Based on some experimenting. I found that if I enable DLNA media and allowall, it works.These seem to be required for the app and speaker to communicate.

• 4.  RE: Bose SoundTouch 20

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2017 07:03 AM

it would seem that the DLNA service id needed for discovery on that speaker is blocked.

You could uncheck "allowall" and then try to discover the speaker.  You can then type "show airgroup blocked-queries dlna" and "show airgroup blocked-service-id dlna"  to see what service ID the Bose speaker uses:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#CLI_commands/show_airgroup_cppm_entries.htm?Highlight=blocked