Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Bridged user problem

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Bridged user problem

Posted Mar 18, 2016 05:46 AM
      |   view attached
    Mar 18 08:55:06  stm[1531]: rap_bridge_user_handler: 12137: rbs update: flags:1/2 aclnum:134 ip:192.168.1.104 mac:b4:43:0d:aa:9d:68 bssid:04:bd:88:f7:98:20 vlan:1 wired:0
    Mar 18 08:55:06  stm[1531]: rap_bridge_user_handler: 12156: user entry created for '192.168.1.104' 'b4:43:0d:aa:9d:68'
    Mar 18 08:55:06  stm[1531]: stm_start_acct_for_post_1xauth_user: 15045: not authenticated for sta 'b4:43:0d:aa:9d:68'

Hello,

First of all well done for the fantastic forum!

Sorry if this question is lame but I am new to IAP.

I have a problem with a very small network of IAP 103, with simple setup.

I am trying to configure a e-remote Broadlink device to connect to the network and control tvs etc using an AP on my mobile.

I have managed to connect the broadlink device sucessfully on other vendors Access points.

I can see the Bradlink device connected as a client to the IAP network from the portal sucesfully. However the data is being blocked from passing through between the mobile AP and Broadlink device.

I have attached AP Log all file.

From the logs I can see that the error is :

stm_start_acct_for_post_1xauth_user: 15045: not authenticated for sta 'b4:43:0d:aa:9d:68'

Do I have to configure a bridged user somewhere in the setup?

Thanks in advance.

Attachment(s)

txt
    broadlinklogs.txt   9 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Bridged user problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2016 07:02 PM

Do you have a link on the web to the broadlink device?

Are you using encryption?  What kind?

What are the settings for your SSID?

How is it configured on the client?

• 3.  RE: Bridged user problem

Posted Mar 20, 2016 06:10 AM

Hi Colin, 

Thanks for your interest. 

The broadlink the device is the one here:

http://www.broadlink.my/usermanual/page-23371.html

Yes, Encryption is WP2 personal

SSID is simple setup, showing SSID name and password to authenticate. Visabile SSID, Employee, No vlans, and ip addressing for clinet obtained by same DHCP server providing AP with an address. 

On the client  ( broadlink e-remote ) a button is pressed for it to search for a wifi network. Than on a mobile applicatipn connected on the same Wifi network, the SSID and password are enetered.

LED blinking on device show thatthe device is correctly connected to the network. Even in the list of client devices I can see the device, including ip and MAC info. It looks like the device is correctly connected. Even on a pc connected on teh same network I can ping the device via ICMP. The mobile on which the mobile application is run is also connected to network correctly and seen in the list of clients.The problem is when the mobile application tries to connect with the device. That is why i suspected in a user-bridging issue. Maybe some tunning that occurs between the mobile and the broadlink device needs configuring?

Thanks in advance

• 4.  RE: Bridged user problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2016 06:17 AM

Do you have the SSID setup as "Unrestricted"?  Please set it up this way and remove all rules.

• 5.  RE: Bridged user problem

Posted Mar 20, 2016 11:01 AM

Access rules are setup as unrestricted. 

Also allow all is setup for protocols.

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Bridged user problem

Posted Mar 23, 2016 05:49 AM

Do I have to configure a user guest list or something here?

Are there any parameters that need to set up for user bridging?

Thanks and Regards, 

Warren

• 7.  RE: Bridged user problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2016 06:17 AM

There is nothing special that should be required.  You just configure your encryption and your VLAN (default for the management VLAN or a Number to tag the vlan to a trunk).  Are other devices having the same problem?

• 8.  RE: Bridged user problem

Posted Mar 28, 2016 05:43 AM

No, only this device has a problem. This device can connect to the AP, and i can see it in the list of clients. Then when the application on the mobile tries to control it, an error pops up. From Logs I can see user bridging error. This works fine with AP's of other brands. I also tried to remove authentication of SSID and left it open but no results.

• 9.  RE: Bridged user problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 28, 2016 05:56 AM

What version of Instant AP code are you running?

• 10.  RE: Bridged user problem

Posted Mar 28, 2016 06:17 AM

I am currently running version 6.4.0.2-4.1.0.0_44004

Thanks

• 11.  RE: Bridged user problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 28, 2016 06:24 AM

That is a very old version.  Please try upgrading to the image on the page here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Default.aspx?EntryId=20388

• 12.  RE: Bridged user problem

Posted Mar 28, 2016 07:16 AM

Updated the version but same issue is happening :/

• 13.  RE: Bridged user problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 28, 2016 07:30 AM

Okay.  Is your DHCP server on the same subnet as the clients?  What kind of DHCP server is it?

• 14.  RE: Bridged user problem

Posted Mar 28, 2016 07:38 AM

DHCP server is the same both for the IAPs and clients, all on the same scope. 

The DHCP server of the 3Grouter is currently being used.

I also tried to connect the IAP in a different location and in a different setup where a different dhcp server is being used.

Thanks

• 15.  RE: Bridged user problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 28, 2016 08:09 AM

Are you saying that the device DOES get a DHCP address or not?  you state:

"Even in the list of client devices I can see the device, including ip and MAC info. It looks like the device is correctly connected. Even on a pc connected on teh same network I can ping the device via ICMP"

Looking at the link you provided, it seems that the device requires broadcasts for the APP to locate devices.  Do you have "Brodcast Fitlering" set to "Disable" on that SSID?

• 16.  RE: Bridged user problem
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 28, 2016 10:20 AM

HI, 

Broadcast filtering was set to ARP.

I disabled this and all worked out fine :)

Thanks a lot for your great assistance!

• 17.  RE: Bridged user problem

Posted May 12, 2016 03:05 AM

HI, 

Setting Broadcast filter off did the trick however I am expierencing issues again which I am not sure that are related to the broadcast filter. 

What is happening is that the broadlink device works fine. At some point I cannot access the internet. WAN connection starts to degrade bit by bit. I still have full connectivity with other devices on the LAN. I restart the IAPs and all is fine, until soem hours pass and same thing happens again. At the time users on Wifi are having issues, wired users work perfectly, so WAN link is good.

Any idea what the issue could be?

Thanks