Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

CAP back to IAP on Mobility Controller

I know that I can reset an CAP controlled by contoller back to IAP from that AP with a factory reset. I want to know if I can convert the CAP showing up in the management web interface back to the IAP from the management interface. I am working with the 7010 controller and IAP 205H-US

Guru Elite

Re: CAP back to IAP on Mobility Controller

That would require TAC to intervene.  I am not sure a regular user could do that..

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

You can convert back Campus APs to Instant with the CLI feature 'ap redeploy' that is introduced in ArubaOS 6.5.2:

(Aruba7005-1) #ap redeploy controller-less ?
all                     Deploy all APs as controller-less AP
ap-group                Deploy APs in this group as controller-less AP
ap-name                 Deploy AP with this name as controller-less AP
ip-addr                 Deploy AP at this IP address as controller-less AP
ip6-addr                Deploy AP at this IPv6 address as controller-less AP
wired-mac               Deploy AP at this MAC address as controller-less AP

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
New Contributor

Thanks for the input. I had an issue on another controller converting IAP to AP - it said image verification failed. I believe that the version is ok as well as storage space. When I moved that AP to another controller there was no problem. I work in a lab and I am setting up multiple access points on different controllers. I need to be able to setup and break down unprovisioning and converiting back form AP to IAP. Appreciate you help

New Contributor

Great I'll check it out. Thanks for post

Converting back AP to IAP by pressing the reset button while powering on should alway work, regardless of controller version. It just requires physical access to the AP.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: