Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

CLI is in a degraded state (IAP-205)

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  CLI is in a degraded state (IAP-205)

Posted Jun 30, 2016 01:31 AM

Hi Guys,

I am having problems configuring an Aruba IAP-205 from the CLI over SSH.

When logging as 'Admin' in the CLI reports that "CLI module is running in a degraded state" and that the commands will be limited, which is fair enough.

But, if I try to 'configure terminal' the same warning appears again and I can't get into config mode.

Any advice on where I am going wrong would be much appreciated.

• 2.  RE: CLI is in a degraded state (IAP-205)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2016 06:44 AM

Are you trying to add it to an existing cluster? 

• 3.  RE: CLI is in a degraded state (IAP-205)

Posted Jun 30, 2016 05:57 PM

Yeah, there is a bit of a story behind it though.

We have 11 mixed 105's & 205's, which we had to downgrade and match the firmware as the 205's would point to the master when browsing to it, but would be invisble in the cluster. Matching the firmware fixed this.

But, an installer has put another three 205's in, with the default firmware, so they are doing the same thing. They refer to the master when browsing in Internet Explorer, so as a result, I can't upgrade the firmware with the browser method.

I tried installing the downgraded firmware via ssh over http and ftp, but upon reboot the original newer firmware still exists.

My last though was to set the master of the new 205's to themselves so I could then (hopefully) browse to them.

I'd prefer to do this over SSH than manually doing it on site, as it is a five hour round trip and we have many sites with a similar setup (so this might become a scenario I'll have to repeat quite a few times).

Any advice would be awesome on how I should appraoch this.  :)

• 4.  RE: CLI is in a degraded state (IAP-205)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2016 07:39 PM

Can you change the vlan that one of the IAPs are on, so that they are the only IAP on that subnet and SSH/web into the new ip address of that IAP?  You want it isolated so that you can upgrade it...

• 5.  RE: CLI is in a degraded state (IAP-205)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2016 07:51 PM

To be clear, you should be able to web into or SSH into the ip address of that IAP and still upgrade it after a few minutes.  Below is the reasons why it would have that "Degraded" message, just to let you know one of those conditions exist:

degraded1.PNG

degraded2.PNG