Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I create a logout splash screen for a Guest user on an IAP?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Can I create a logout splash screen for a Guest user on an IAP?

Posted Jul 05, 2016 09:08 AM

Is it possible to create a logout splash screen for a Guest user on an IAP? After authenticating on the browser page they are redirected to, for example www.google.com and can we also have a popup page that enables an easy way to disconnect when they have finished their session?

• 2.  RE: Can I create a logout splash screen for a Guest user on an IAP?

Posted Jul 05, 2016 11:23 AM
    You can create such a pop-up using browser code (javascript, HTML5, etc). To logout a user, just invoke the URL securelogin.arubanetworks.com/auth/logout.html when triggered by the user

• 3.  RE: Can I create a logout splash screen for a Guest user on an IAP?

Posted Jul 06, 2016 08:29 AM
    Hello Yan Liu,

Thanks for your suggestion. However with Chrome, Firefox or MS Edge - it just
    results in an error 5 - (displayed differently for each browser.)

Kind regards,

Neil Salmon

Network Solutions Plus

Tel. (+44) 7990 582243
    www.networksolutionsplus.co.uk
    Linkedin: http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/neil-salmon/1/354/835

This communication is to be treated as confidential. The information in it may not be used or
    disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you are not the intended
    recipient of this communication, please contact the sender immediately then delete it from
    your computer system. Opinions, comments or other information expressed in this e-mail that
    do not relate to the business of Network Solutions Plus should be understood as neither
    given or endorsed by the company.

Network Solutions Plus have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses are
    transmitted to a third party. However, the recipient should check this e-mail and attachments
    for the presence of viruses. Network Solutions Plus accepts no liability for damage caused by
    any virus transmitted by this e-mail. This e-mail and attachments may not be copied or
    forwarded without the express permission of the company.

• 4.  RE: Can I create a logout splash screen for a Guest user on an IAP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2016 09:11 AM
    Please PM me with your email address. so we can open a ticket.

• 5.  RE: Can I create a logout splash screen for a Guest user on an IAP?

Posted Jul 06, 2016 01:34 PM
    Neil Salmon
    Network Solutions Plus

Tel. 07990 582243
    www.networksolutionsplus.co.uk
    LinkedIn Profile: http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/neil-salmon/1/354/835