Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

Can a Dell Aruba IAP-93 and Aruba IAP-105 work in a same network?

I have 8 x Dell Aruba IAP-93 and 4 x Linksys AP connected to a switch/router for internet. I have get another 4 pcs of Aruba IAP-105 (Note: NOT FROM DELL) to replace the existing Linksys AP. After configure through console set IP, netmask, gateway and dns. Than access http set SSID, change login password (apply to all 4 Aruba IAP-105). But when I remove the Linksys AP and connect the Aruba IAP-105, it seen the Dell Instant Virtual Controller do not include those AP inside. The Aruba IAP-105 LED: PWR-solid green, ENET-blinking/solid green, 11A/N and 11B/G/N solid orange. Any suggestion? Thank you

Re: Can a Dell Aruba IAP-93 and Aruba IAP-105 work in a same network?

Technically mixing Dell and Aruba branded is not a supported configuration.    That being said.......start by checking the version of SW running on the 93s and 105s when running in separate groups.  If there is a mismatch you may need to manually upgrade one of the groups of APs to match the other.

Re: Can a Dell Aruba IAP-93 and Aruba IAP-105 work in a same network?

I just confirmed that a Dell branded IAP and an Aruba branded IAP cannot join the same cluster.  Further, they must have separate management Vlans so the Dell VC does not see the Aruba VC.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: