Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't connect to Instant.arubanetworks.com after IP address change

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Can't connect to Instant.arubanetworks.com after IP address change

Posted Jul 20, 2017 03:53 PM

I am just setting up a test with a new IAP 305 we purchased.  After the initial network setup I went in and changed the IP address of the AP and now I can't connect back to instant.arubanetworks.com.  What am I doing wrong?  I have rebooted the device after the change.  I am able to connect to the Test SSID and get the correct IP address.  

• 2.  RE: Can't connect to Instant.arubanetworks.com after IP address change

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2017 05:20 PM
    Are you saying that you cannot connect to the instant SSID, or that you cannot bring up the administration page?

• 3.  RE: Can't connect to Instant.arubanetworks.com after IP address change

Posted Jul 20, 2017 05:25 PM

I can't connect back to the admin console.  I went thru the network wizard and setup UCS_TEST and connected to it.  I then setup a static IP on the access point and rebooted it.  Now I can't connect back to the virtual controller.  I can connect to UCS_TEST and browse the internet.

• 4.  RE: Can't connect to Instant.arubanetworks.com after IP address change

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2017 05:29 PM
    It is possible that you client has cached the DNS entry. Can you ping instant.arubanetworks.com and see what IP address is returned?

• 5.  RE: Can't connect to Instant.arubanetworks.com after IP address change

Posted Jul 21, 2017 10:54 AM

Thank you for your assistance, I came in this morning and it all started working.  Not sure what happened, maybe the reboot of my laptop.  I don't have a lot of experience in setting up IAP's but I have another question you may can answer.  We are going to install these IAPs at 5 locations.  Can they all me managed by the Virtual controller or should we look at Aruba Central for management.  We are also getting Clearpass installed soon.  Can Clearpass manage these devices?  Thanks for the help and sorry for the basic questions.

• 6.  RE: Can't connect to Instant.arubanetworks.com after IP address change
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2017 10:55 AM

A virtual controller can manage devices on the same management subnet.  Multiple Clusters on different subnets would require either Central of Airwave to manage multiple clusters centrally.