Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Oct 08, 2014 10:26 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can change the inbuilt certificate used for the HTTPS management GUI from instant.arubanetworks.com to another certificate, for example an internal CA  certificate to remove the security warning when browseing to the virtual controller to manage it.

cheers

Dave

• 2.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

• 3.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Oct 08, 2014 10:52 AM

Thanks, If i have understtod this correctly it looks to be creating a new root CA and computer cert to then install on the Instant, this root CA would then need to be installed on any clients browsing on to the GUI to trust it.

What i actually need to do is use an existing miscosoft Domain CA to issue a cert for the Instant as the root CA is already on the clients.

Is this possible ?

Dave

• 4.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 08, 2014 10:54 AM

Do you have access to the ADCS server? Use the IIS snap-in to create a certificate signing request and then use the ADCS web UI to request the certificate. It will just be a standard SSL server certificate.

• 5.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Oct 09, 2014 09:21 AM

OK, i managed to create a CSR and get a cert for the Aruba Instant. but its not being used as the defualt cert, how do i make it the default?

Thanks

Dave

• 6.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Oct 23, 2014 06:15 PM

Same problem as well. How to change the default certificate to point it to the new certificate?

• 7.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Oct 24, 2014 04:03 AM

Someone must have done this? or does everyone just live with the security warning when logging into an instant VC ?

Seems a little unprofessional to leave an install like this.

Dave

• 8.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Oct 29, 2014 08:44 AM
    Click on Maintenance -> Certificates -> Upload new certificate

• 9.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Jul 13, 2016 09:23 AM

Same issue here, managed to upload the certificate.  But it isn't used by the web UI ?

How do you change the certificate binding ?

• 10.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Aug 09, 2016 01:29 PM

Also trying to do this... although I would at least like to generate a self-signed certificate - like every other vendor can do:

crypto ssl generate rsa 2048 location-ap-1.company.com (or something similar)

Why isn't this kind of thing available ?

• 11.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Apr 03, 2017 12:31 AM

Same problem here. I know how to create certificates, and I'm able to upload certificates through either the web UI or the CLI. I can get my certificate set as the "Current Server Certificate". But this certificate isn't the one used for the web management portal.

The self-signed certificate that is used (with CN = instant.arubanetworks.com) is not even listed in the "show cert all" command, which leads me to believe that no amount of tinkering with the cert commands will get this to work.

Is this a shortcoming (and security vulnerability) in the Aruba Instant OS?

• 12.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Apr 03, 2017 09:46 AM

I got it to work back in November of last year. The certificate needs to be a .pem file. Then upload the certificate to the aruba access point. Certificate Type: I choose Captive portal server.

I then open a internet browser and type the certificate name (That I created) in the url address bar, e.g. https://securelogin.comanyname.com

• 13.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Apr 04, 2017 12:08 AM

I'm not trying to change the captive portal certificate, I'm trying to change the virtual controller management UI certificate.

This is the certificate that is uploaded:

console.png

But this is the certificate that is served. This cert is not even listed in "show cert all".

browser.png

• 14.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2017 07:02 PM
      |   view attached

ArubaOS/InstantOS 6.5.2, the first code which Unifies Instant and AOS will have the ability to upload and change the Certificate for the WEBUI.  

webui.png

Is now released on the support.arubanetworks.com site..

Attachment(s)

• 15.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Sep 13, 2017 03:21 AM

Was just able to roll to the 6.5.3.2 update, and am happy to confirm that this looks to be resolved. I was able to upload a concatenated cert+key via the IAP web UI's "Maintenance/Certificates" dialog for the "Web UI" target, and that certificate is now served for the management console on the Virtual Controller's vhost.

• 16.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Sep 15, 2016 01:13 PM

I would like to know also how to do this...

I have uploaded a server cert via GUI and even via AMP and i can´t use it , it always uses the default one when i connect to port 4343...

I have also tested uploading a CaptivePortal cert and it is uses if i connect to port 443.

• 17.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Jan 23, 2017 08:02 AM
    Same question here, still waiting for a solution on how to change the instant management certificate.

• 18.  RE: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

Posted Nov 06, 2023 04:52 PM

Bonjour

J'ai également le problème de mon côté. C'est toujours le certificat par défaut qui est en pris en compte. Avez-vous une solution ?

Merci,