Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Can you change the Instant GUI management certificate?

I would like to know also how to do this...

I have uploaded a server cert via GUI and even via AMP and i can´t use it , it always uses the default one when i connect to port 4343...

I have also tested uploading a CaptivePortal cert and it is uses if i connect to port 443.

New Contributor

Same question here, still waiting for a solution on how to change the instant management certificate.
New Contributor

Same problem here. I know how to create certificates, and I'm able to upload certificates through either the web UI or the CLI. I can get my certificate set as the "Current Server Certificate". But this certificate isn't the one used for the web management portal.

The self-signed certificate that is used (with CN = instant.arubanetworks.com) is not even listed in the "show cert all" command, which leads me to believe that no amount of tinkering with the cert commands will get this to work.

Is this a shortcoming (and security vulnerability) in the Aruba Instant OS?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got it to work back in November of last year. The certificate needs to be a .pem file. Then upload the certificate to the aruba access point. Certificate Type: I choose Captive portal server.

I then open a internet browser and type the certificate name (That I created) in the url address bar, e.g. https://securelogin.comanyname.com

New Contributor

I'm not trying to change the captive portal certificate, I'm trying to change the virtual controller management UI certificate.

This is the certificate that is uploaded:

console.png

But this is the certificate that is served. This cert is not even listed in "show cert all".

browser.png

Guru Elite

ArubaOS/InstantOS 6.5.2, the first code which Unifies Instant and AOS will have the ability to upload and change the Certificate for the WEBUI.  

webui.png

Is now released on the support.arubanetworks.com site..

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: