Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge? They will be c. 20m apart

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge? They will be c. 20m apart

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:01 AM

Hi,

I am looking to connect a remote building to an existing network.  Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge?  They will be c. 20m apart.  Or do I need to use IAP204s with directional antenna.

• 2.  RE: Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge? They will be c. 20m apart
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:18 AM

Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge?  Yes.

They will be c. 20m apart.  Or do I need to use IAP204s with directional antenna? IAP204s with directional antenna would likely be better in this instance however there are many variables which would dictate what AP/antenna you should use for wireless links.

• 3.  RE: Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge? They will be c. 20m apart
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 10:18 AM

@Aodh wrote:

Hi,

I am looking to connect a remote building to an existing network.  Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge?  They will be c. 20m apart.  Or do I need to use IAP204s with directional antenna.

It is possible to do this with an IAP205.  If you have an IAP205 already, you should try this to see if it meets your requirements.  If you do not have IAP-205s, you should get an 2 IAP204 with external antennas.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/Aruba-Instant-4-1-Mesh-Configuration/ta-p/214943

• 4.  RE: Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge? They will be c. 20m apart

Posted Feb 16, 2017 10:21 AM

Thank you both.