Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot connect to domain network after firmware upgrade.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Cannot connect to domain network after firmware upgrade.

Posted Jun 21, 2016 11:06 AM

Hi all,

I recently did a firmware upgrade on my Aruba IAPs from version 6.4.2.6-4.1.11_52666 to version 6.4.4.4-4.2.3.1_54637 as required by Aruba to address some security issues. On previous version and I'm on wi-fi, when I hover my mouse over the network icon on my task bar, I can see my domain name and internet access. I was able to access our work application, connect to our network drives and no user profile issues during logging in. After firmware upgrade, it shows 'network' instead of the domain name when I hover my mouse on the network icon. And I'm getting an error everytime I connect to our work application that I didn't see on the previous version. I'm also getting a temporary user profile when logging-in to windows. Does anyone of you experience the same issue? Or I missed some setiings after the upgrade.

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Ariel

• 2.  RE: Cannot connect to domain network after firmware upgrade.

Posted Jun 21, 2016 11:15 AM

Hi,

What authentication type are you using for your wireless network? 

I would think the issues you're experiencing are due to your pc not being connected correctly (or at all) to the network. 

Do you have a backup of the configuration pre-upgrade? If possible, you could compare it to a current one to see if something is different. 

• 3.  RE: Cannot connect to domain network after firmware upgrade.

Posted Jun 21, 2016 12:25 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Please find the answers in italics.

What authentication type are you using for your wireless network? 

I have two SSIDs:

1. wpa2-psk-aes (hidden)

2. opensystem

I would think the issues you're experiencing are due to your pc not being connected correctly (or at all) to the network. 

I don't think so. When I reverted back to the previous version, my desktop automatically connects to the network when the wifi went live.

Do you have a backup of the configuration pre-upgrade? If possible, you could compare it to a current one to see if something is different

Yes. That's what I did to see if there are post-upgrade settings that were automatically done. The previous config settings and new config settings are the same.

Ariel

• 4.  RE: Cannot connect to domain network after firmware upgrade.

Posted Jun 29, 2016 01:15 PM

Any possible recommendations on what to check? Or I will be stuck to version 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666.

Ariel