Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot connect to virtual controller

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Cannot connect to virtual controller

Posted Apr 21, 2015 06:22 AM

I have 4 seperate networks all running about 20 - 30 103 IAPs in each. I have set them up using Aruda Instant utilising the virtual controler feature. 

I keep getting a problem on each network where the vitual controler fails to respond to me connecting via the web intaface or even a Ping request. If i try and connect to a different IAP it will point me back to the designated Virtual controler which will not respond. The only way to stop this is to manually restart the IAP which is the VC (unplug it and plug it back in) at which point the IAPs will eventually assign another IAP as the VC and i can connect to that one via the web interface. 

Meanwhile once retsrted the original IAP VC will start to respond to a Ping request and show in the access point list. 

This can happen once a day in somecases and although i can still connect to the WiFi network i do think it has an effect in that anything that was connected to the IAP that was the VC can tend to get "stuck" connected to it and not pass over smoothly untill rebooted and reconnected. 

All IAP are running version 6.4.2.3-4.1.1.2_48114

all have static IP addresses. They are use POE through a Cisco catalyst switch. Each network will have more than one switch. 

• 2.  RE: Cannot connect to virtual controller

Posted Apr 21, 2015 09:15 AM

I recommend that you upgrade to 4.1.1.4 , Aruba engineering identified a lot of issues on 4.1.1.2

• 3.  RE: Cannot connect to virtual controller

Posted Apr 23, 2015 02:49 PM

I'll second the motion.

We had several sites get into a CPU-busy condition ont eh iAP hosting the VC - power-cycling was the only way to get its attention.