Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot delete clients from Instant AP 92, 105

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Cannot delete clients from Instant AP 92, 105

Posted Oct 28, 2013 12:45 PM

There appears to be the option of deleting clients from  the client list on the IAP VC. However, when you click the "x" you get a confirmation box askling if you want to delete the client and I click "Delete Now". Nothing happens, client is still there. Is this a known issue? Please advise.

• 2.  RE: Cannot delete clients from Instant AP 92, 105

Posted Oct 28, 2013 01:30 PM

What version of SW are you running?

• 3.  RE: Cannot delete clients from Instant AP 92, 105

Posted Oct 28, 2013 08:03 PM

Hi,

I can understand how this may appear confusing.  In actuality, the 'x' function on the UI attempts to disconnect the client when it is used.  However, for most wireless clients, they will automatically try to reconnect to the network.  If the network policy is such that they are still allowed to connect, then it would appear as if nothing happened.  If the new network policy is such that they are still allowed to associate (i.e., not blacklisted) but not allowed to authenticate, then it would appear that the client is still visible in the UI but its state would reflect a state of an unauthenticated client (its role would be pre-auth role, or it would fail to get an IP address).  If the new network policy is that the client is blacklitsed, then they would not be able to associate at all and it should disappear from the client list.

Thanks,

Yan