Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot select "Cloud Guest" option under "Splash Page Type" in Central

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Cannot select "Cloud Guest" option under "Splash Page Type" in Central

Posted Aug 19, 2015 10:22 AM

Hi all,

One of our customers wishes to add guest self-registration to their existing small  IAP cluster and Aruba Central Cloud Guest seems like a good way to achieve this.

In order to test this I registered a single IAP-205 with Central, created a custom splash page under the Guest Management tab, and then created a simple wireless guest profile from which to call the splash page.

The problem I have is that I cannot select the "Cloud Guest" option in the drop-down list as it is greyed out.

Thinking this option may not be supported in the firmware I was running (6.4.2.6-4.1.1.7_50209)  I updated the IAP-205 to release 6.4.3.1-4.2.0.0_51112 and re-tested but still have the same issue.

Is the Cloud Guest option supported in the current IAP firmware releases?

Thanks and regards

• 2.  RE: Cannot select "Cloud Guest" option under "Splash Page Type" in Central

Posted Aug 19, 2015 10:37 AM

Hello, 

I have faced it before, I just upgrade the firmware to latest one and after it start to work. The guest cloud is now available. Try to do it :)

• 3.  RE: Cannot select "Cloud Guest" option under "Splash Page Type" in Central

Posted Aug 26, 2015 07:27 AM

HI,

Yes issue can will be fixed if you upgrade the Image. which Image version is running currently ?

• 4.  RE: Cannot select "Cloud Guest" option under "Splash Page Type" in Central

Posted Jun 15, 2017 08:18 PM
    I had the same issues where cloud guest was greyed out. My issue is different then the older post which seemed to be code related. My issues (2017) is that there are Service Subscriptions for Cloud Guest and Presence Analytics. Once I assigned a cloud guest license I was up and running