Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cant connect to assets through NAT

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Cant connect to assets through NAT

Posted Dec 06, 2013 02:18 PM

We have several IAP 105 access points.  When I setup an SSID and use virtual controller assigned addresses for the clients, I am unable to ping a handful of servers on the network, most work just fine.  It does not seem to be affected by any particular security type.  I have tried it on enterprise WPA, personal WPA, and open.  If I turn it back to network assigned addresses it works as intended and I can ping everything.

• 2.  RE: Cant connect to assets through NAT

Posted Dec 06, 2013 03:11 PM

Can you reach anything else when you are using the NAT option turned on?

• 3.  RE: Cant connect to assets through NAT

Posted Dec 06, 2013 03:14 PM

I can reach all most everything when set to virtual controller assigned addresses.

There are only a handful of servers that I can not reach.  There is one in particular that I need to be able to reach so lets start with that one.

I have turned the firewall completely off on the server and still no luck.

• 4.  RE: Cant connect to assets through NAT

Posted Dec 06, 2013 03:19 PM

Can you reach the IAP or VC from the server ?

• 5.  RE: Cant connect to assets through NAT

Posted Dec 09, 2013 10:56 AM

Yes, I can reach the IAPs and the VC from the server.

On the wireless side I am able to connect to the IAP and VC as well

• 6.  RE: Cant connect to assets through NAT

Posted Dec 09, 2013 05:50 PM
    Could you help us by performing the following debugging steps? We would really appreciate your assistance:

1. SSH into the VC CLI

2. Run the commands "show arp", "show datapath route", and "show datapath bridge", and save the output

3. Try pinging the servers from the VC CLI and save the result

4. Run the same commands in step #2 one more time and save the output. We can use it to compare against the before result

5. Try pinging the servers from the wireless client again and save the result

If you could send these result to us, it should give us enough information to deduce the root cause of this.

Thanks,

Yan