Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal Certificate

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal Certificate

Posted Jun 01, 2016 03:25 PM

Hello everyone,

My intention is to change the URL my guests get redirected to from "securelogin.arubanetworks.com" to "nameofmycompany.com". I use Airwave to manage my IAPs and I know that in order to do this I would need to change the default aruba certificate with my own custom certificate. The proccess is very straightforward and it's well documented in the Instant User Guide (the print below is from page 177).

Untitled picture.png

My question is, how can I create this custom certificate, where do I begin? Do I need to create a signing request from my Airwave/Instant. I'm not a wizard when it comes to certificates, any help would be much appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal Certificate
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 04:45 PM

Please take a look at Danny Jump's Certificates 101 technote here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/7961/Default.aspx

You can create a public SSL certificate, which will cost money, but everyone's browser will trust that certificate.

You can create a self-signed SSL certificate, which you can generate yourself, but all clients will get an error, because they will not trust it...

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal Certificate

Posted Jun 01, 2016 06:07 PM

Thanks Colin, I'll read it tonight!

Another question, is there a way to edit the html of the captive portal? I would like to change the text inside the buttons ("I accept"  to "J'accepte" for example) and resize the windows as wells, is that even possible? Maybe using SSH?

• 4.  RE: Captive Portal Certificate

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 07:49 PM

There is no way to do that on the Internal Captive Portal, but if you host the page on an external captive portal, you can:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Video/VIDEO-Configuring-Aruba-Instant-Guest-Network-with-External/ta-p/90322