Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Captive Portal Page Not Found

I have an Aruba Instant AP (IAP-205s) that I have multiple SSIDs going to multiple VLANs.  All of my networks are running great except my guest network.  It is configured via the web interface choosing 'Guest', then 'Network Assigned' and 'Static'.  On the security page I am using 'Internal - Authenticated'.  For testing the network access is unrestricted.

DHCP is handled via a Windows Server.  The client is getting an IP, default route and DNS servers and can aquire appropriate DNS for the Aruba IAP name that appears in the browser.  When opening a browser I can see the redirect attempt (https://*IAPShortNmae*/swarm.cgi?opcode=cp_generate&orig_url=687..etc..etc..) but the page will eventually error on a page not found.

Now for troubleshooting, if I change the 'Splash Page Type' to 'None' then everything connects and goes right through.  In this state, I can also connect to and manage the IAP (by DNS shortname) so I know my network layer is working correctly.  Also, interestingly, if I connect to the captive enabled guest network, but then change wifi networks to another while the page is still attempting to load (meaning I connected to another, non-captive portal SSID) then the captive portal will load appropriately.

I just need to make a Guest network based on the built in captive portal.  Please help!

Config:

wlan access-rule MyCompany-Guest
 index 3
 rule any any match any any any permit

wlan ssid-profile MyCompany-Guest
 enable
 index 1
 type guest
 essid MyCompany-Guest
 opmode opensystem
 max-authentication-failures 0
 vlan 235
 auth-server InternalServer
 rf-band all
 captive-portal internal
 dtim-period 1
 inactivity-timeout 1000
 broadcast-filter arp
 dmo-channel-utilization-threshold 90
 local-probe-req-thresh 0
 max-clients-threshold 64

wlan captive-portal
 background-color 13421772
 banner-color 10066329
 redirect-url "https://www.myCompany.com"
 banner-text "Welcome to MyCompany-Guest"
 terms-of-use "BlahBlah."
 use-policy "Blah Blah Blah."
 authenticated

Let me know if there is something else you'd like from the config.

Guru Elite

Re: Captive Portal Page Not Found

You should use "Virtual Controller Assigned" and "Default" for VLANs.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: