Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Certificate installation

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Certificate installation

Posted Sep 23, 2016 03:33 AM

I am trying to add a public certificate to an instant cluster running 6.4.0.2-4.1.0.0_44004 and although the gui says that the upload was successful for both "auth server" and "captive portal server" types I don't see any evidence of the cert on the device. I am unable to verify if its being used by captive portal as its on a remote customer site but its certainly not being used for login to the Webui. Is there a way to verify if the cert is on the device? Do I have to do something in additiona to uploading it for it to be used?

• 2.  RE: Certificate installation

Posted Sep 26, 2016 07:11 AM

TAC have replied that the order in which you append the items in the pem file is different from that of the format required by the controller. It seems the private key should be appended before the public key. The customer hasn't supplied a public key - is this something I can get hold of from the CA?

• 3.  RE: Certificate installation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2016 07:14 AM
    The public key is the certificate that the CA gives you.

• 4.  RE: Certificate installation

Posted Sep 26, 2016 08:00 AM

Thanks Tim, I put the private key at the start as TAC suggested but it hasn't made a difference - it still does'nt accept the certificate.

• 5.  RE: Certificate installation

Posted Sep 26, 2016 06:01 PM

When uploading Choose certificate type: captive portal server.

Build your pem in this order:

private key

Public key

Intermediate CA (if you have more than one include them all in the order your vendor says is 1st, 2nd etc...)

I did not have to include my vendors AddTrustExternalCARoot, but I did have 2 intermediates.   

• 6.  RE: Certificate installation

Posted Sep 27, 2016 08:22 AM

The certificate is fine the issue lies in the Instant code, here is the explanation from TAC -

"This issue has been reported internally already with the Engineering team. As per their update, they changed the SSL library in the initial codes. Hence, it could not support kinds of certificates."

• 7.  RE: Certificate installation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2016 09:20 AM

What kinds of certificates?

• 8.  RE: Certificate installation

Posted Oct 03, 2016 10:39 AM

TAC are unable to say as the code is "very old".