Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Change Internal Database User's Password from CLI on IAP-105

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Change Internal Database User's Password from CLI on IAP-105

Posted May 20, 2015 11:46 AM

Hello,

I am new to Aruba APs, I have a couple IAP-105s that I just purchased and am setting up for a guest WIFI network using WPA2-Enterprise and the internal user database. I have a user created in the internal database from the Virtual Controller web admin page.

I would like to have a script that SSHs to the virtual console and changes the user's password to a random password every week or so. I can SSH to the Virtual Controller IP but I can't figure out the commands I need in the CLI to change the internal database user. 

Thanks in advance,

Justin

• 2.  RE: Change Internal Database User's Password from CLI on IAP-105
    Best Answer

Posted May 20, 2015 11:52 AM
    in configuration mode
    iap (config) # user <username> <password> <portal | radius>

• 3.  RE: Change Internal Database User's Password from CLI on IAP-105

Posted May 20, 2015 11:58 AM

Got it!

Thanks!

Justin

• 4.  RE: Change Internal Database User's Password from CLI on IAP-105

Posted May 20, 2015 12:11 PM
    You have to exit out of config mode.
    Type 'end' then ' com apply'

Pasquale Monardo
    Conseiller Principal Solution R?seaux, Op?ration | Senior Network Solutions Consultant, Operation

T 514 385-4448 #204 DATAVALET.COM

5275, chemin Queen-Mary, Montr?al (Qu?bec) H3W 1Y3 Canada

CE COURRIEL AINSI QUE CES DOCUMENTS JOINTS peuvent contenir des renseignements confidentiels et privil?gi?s. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire d?sign?, veuillez nous en informer imm?diatement et effacer toute copie. Merci. THIS EMAIL AND THE DOCUMENTS ATTACHED may contain privileged or confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message. Thank you.