Controllerless Networks

Contributor I

Check sum mismatch

Our VC went offline the other day and wouldn’t respond to pings, so we simply cycled the power and all appears well again.  However, in reviewing its logs to try to ascertain what happened (if someone could provide some insight into the best way to investigate this that would be great), we noticed the following (there are many of these and they occur every few seconds or so): 

Apr 18 14:54:14  cli[4096]: <341132> <WARN> |AP <redacted>@192.0.2.1 cli|  Check sum mismatch for AP-192.0.2.10, slave 34334 vs master 14192, error_cnt 6, recover_sent 6.
Apr 18 14:54:17  cli[4096]: <341132> <WARN> |AP <redacted>@192.0.2.1 cli|  Check sum mismatch for AP-192.0.2.11, slave 34334 vs master 14192, error_cnt 5, recover_sent 6.

All our APs run Instant Orion and Centaurus version 6.4.4.6-4.2.4.0.  While I imagine a firmware upgrade might magically fix this, firmware upgrades often cause other issues too so I’m reluctant to do this unless it’ll likely address this issue.

Thank you.

Contributor I

Re: Check sum mismatch

Anyone?

Guru Elite

Is the cluster managed via Airwave?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Hi,

Are you seeing any configuraiton mismatch between master & slave?
Generally config check happens every 10 seconds,slave will send a heartbeat msg to master and the heartbeat message have configuration checksum.

error_cnt contains the number is the number of times the mismatch has been seen.

recover_sent is the number of times the VC has sent the config correction to the slave

If the recover_sent is > 6, VC will send the full config.

I see their is a Bug 145050 for VC and slave mismatch configuratin issue and it is fixed in IAP4.2.4.3, IAP4.2.4.4, IAP4.3.0.3.

If you are OK to go for new version, upgrade and check the status else I would recommand to open TAC ticket to confirm whether you are falling in to similar issue.

Regards,

Pavan

Contributor I

cjoseph wrote:

Is the cluster managed via Airwave?

No.

Contributor I

PAVAN wrote:

I see their is a Bug 145050 for VC and slave mismatch configuratin issue and it is fixed in IAP4.2.4.3, IAP4.2.4.4, IAP4.3.0.3.

If you are OK to go for new version, upgrade and check the status else I would recommand to open TAC ticket to confirm whether you are falling in to similar issue.

Thanks Pavan.  We are running an older version and will evaluate the newer ones.

Occasional Contributor I

Hi

I am also seeing this on our IAP setup (IAP335RW), i have approx 85k messages from our VC master AP. We are running 4.3.1.4

Ill try rebooting the VC master AP and see if it helps (or cycle the VC master to another AP)

Best,

Thomas

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: