Controllerless Networks

Contributor I

Chromecast & Apple devices

I have one customer where Windows devices are able to stream video to Chromecast but Apple devices are able to stream video without audio, and the display is more jerky than streaming from Windows devices. Also 4k streaming is disable according the status shown on Apple devices (both Macbook & iPhone).

Customer is using Instant 6.5.4.2 with Central and I have tweaked all required parameter as per Instant VRD. Any idea what else can we do here or if it is some client setting on Apple that we need to tweak?

Guru Elite

Re: Chromecast & Apple devices

What apple device and what apple APP are they using to stream to Chromecast?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

iPhone using AirPlay and Macbook using Chrome browser and iTunes

Guru Elite

So the Macbook is having audio problems while trying to do Chromecast through the browser?  I'm just trying to narrow down the test case exactly..

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Both iPhone & Macbook have audio issue if streaming from browser/app that doesn't have a native app in Chromecast itself.   As Chromecast has been installed with youtube app, youtube works fine from both iPhone & Macbook.

Guru Elite

It almost sounds like an application issue.  Airgroup itself helps two endpoint devices find each other.  After that, it should be a direct connection between the client device and the Chromecast device.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: