Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Client Disconnect

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Client Disconnect

Posted Oct 06, 2014 11:16 AM

We have deployed a Aruba network and am having issues with clients disconnecting randomly durring the day.   I don't always hear about them, but users are upset at the deployment.  I currently have 7 IAP-225 units in a warehouse and have purchased and installed Aruba airwave software.   They stream video's to their Apple TV's all the time and seem to get disconnected several times durring a presentation.   One of the Apple TV's is also on the wireless network and I have monitor's on it that seem to go off 4 to 5 times a day saying it was disconnected and shortly after it reconnects.  This happens even on the weekend when nobody is on the network.  I really would like this to get resolved if someone could please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Chris

• 2.  RE: Client Disconnect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 06, 2014 11:19 AM

How is your RF environment?

When reading your post, my eye when right to the AP model. Usually in a warehouse environment, external antennas are used to focus signal, otherwise you can run into RF issues.

• 3.  RE: Client Disconnect

Posted Oct 06, 2014 01:02 PM

I ran a report and attached the Heatmap.  Thanks so much for the help

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Daily_RF_Health_Report.pdf   3.11 MB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Client Disconnect

Posted Oct 28, 2014 11:03 AM

Any updates to this?  We're seeing a lot of disconnects with Apple TVs, don't exactly have the same environment as you, but wanted to know if you found a solution.

• 5.  RE: Client Disconnect

Posted Jan 11, 2016 03:59 PM

Would like to know the outcome on this situation too.

• 6.  RE: Client Disconnect

Posted Jan 12, 2016 03:03 PM

sorry but it doesn't work like that. for issues like this isn't a magic button or option. if you have an issue and don't have a support contract then you can try to get support here. but in that case you will have to provide some more information on your environment, think: # APs, type of APs, config, # devices, ..., ...