Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Client preventing other clients from connecting to SSID

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Client preventing other clients from connecting to SSID

Posted Mar 30, 2016 03:33 PM

I have several users that are unable to connect to corporate SSID when there a particular client connected. If I blacklist the suspect client, then users are then able to connect. Once I remove from blacklist, other users lose connectivity. I repeated this test several times, and the results were consistantly the same.

• 2.  RE: Client preventing other clients from connecting to SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 01, 2016 01:44 PM
    Does this client use encryption?

• 3.  RE: Client preventing other clients from connecting to SSID

Posted Apr 07, 2016 09:02 AM
    He uses TKIP encryption if that's you mean. EAP TLS is also a requirement to connect to our ssid. I don't know much else about the client as it sits inside of a train locomotive and I do not have access.

• 4.  RE: Client preventing other clients from connecting to SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 07, 2016 09:04 AM

I would do a packet capture on the channel during the incident to understand what is going on.  You are giving us very limited information.

• 5.  RE: Client preventing other clients from connecting to SSID

Posted Apr 07, 2016 09:12 AM
    Thank you and I understand it is difficult to troubleshoot with little information. I have to coordinate with others as the location is 1500 miles away and rely on users to let me know when train is there.