Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

Clients with 0.0.0.0 IP Address

Hi

I'm seeing clients showing up with 0.0.0.0 as an IP address. Can anyone shed light as to what these are, and if I should be concerned?

Client IPs are issued by a Windows 2012 R2 server.

305 AP's running 6.5.1.5-4.3.1.6_61735

2017_10_20_09_48_01_Instant.png

Cheers

Guru Elite

Re: Clients with 0.0.0.0 IP Address

What authentication are you using on that SSID?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

WPA2 personal + MAC auth via local.
Guru Elite

Has this ever worked?  Do any devices on that SSID get ip addresses or this is a new SSID?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Yep, it works well, and we have approx 18 concurrent clients on there. It's
a BYOD service for staff phones to access the Internet.
Guru Elite

It is possible those are devices that have the PSK, but are not in the mac address table?

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

It's possible. Would that produce this effect? It's Fri night here, so I won't be able to test or check MACs until Tuesday (Stat holiday on Monday, too).
New Contributor

I have a similar situation.  I have just deployed iap 315s. I am using Mac Authentication and WPA2.  There are about 4 clients showing in the gui that are not whitelist mac addresses and have 0.0.0.0 as IP addresses.  I have since blacklisted them and they still show up as a client.  I checked the cli and they are shown as permanent blacklist.  How do you think these clients are showing as clients?

Occasional Contributor I

I finally had enough time to do some testing. This is caused by clients knowing the PSK but not being on the allowed MAC list.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions :)

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: