Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cloud Guest on Aruba Central - Security Warning

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Cloud Guest on Aruba Central - Security Warning

Posted Jun 02, 2017 12:20 PM
      |   view attached

Hi All

First time poster here, I have been trying to set up a group of AP's using Aruba Central and Guest Access.

Ihave set up a Guest Access profile and applied it a guest wifi network which requires email registration and then forwards to the companys website.

My issue happens as soon as I join the guest network particuly on android devices, when I join the Guest wifi i receive a security message which i have attached an image. The mesage reads "the network youre trying to join has security issues. for example the login page might not belong to the organisation shown." "Continue Anyway"

Can anyone offer advise how i can address / supress the error as its an off putting message for guests joing up.

Many thanks

• 2.  RE: Cloud Guest on Aruba Central - Security Warning

Posted Jun 07, 2017 11:58 AM

You need to upload a valid certificate and root certificate to the Virtual Controller via Configuration > Security > Certificates and apply this as auth server (not 100% sure if needed) and Captive Portal.

It is a bit funny how the Cloud Guest authentication happens. As far as I've seen, it takes you through the cloud guest portal, then the internal captive portal and then msn.com for some reason, but barely visible and then finally to the website you want or the defined re-direct website.

• 3.  RE: Cloud Guest on Aruba Central - Security Warning

Posted Jun 07, 2017 12:10 PM

Hi Thank you for the help, I will give it ago and update you.

Thanks again

• 4.  RE: Cloud Guest on Aruba Central - Security Warning

Posted Jul 04, 2017 06:21 AM