Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Compatibility IAP-215 and IAP-315

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Compatibility IAP-215 and IAP-315

Posted Feb 26, 2018 11:30 AM

Hi Gurus,

I currently have 7 AP (Model 215 & Firrmware: 6.5.2.0) using IAP protocol that works fine :-)

I'm trying to add a new AP (Modele: 315 / Firmware 6.5.5) to the cluster. Once I configured the country code and the IP address (static) and reboot the AP., the AP doesn't appear in the cluster despite the fact that the "Auto join" is enabled.

If i disable the  "Auto-join", I can see the new AP with it's mac address, but it say "AP not connected".

The weirdest thing, is that, I can connect throuhg SSH the new AP with the default login / password, but I can't HTTPS to it either with the default login / password or the one used by the cluster.

Also, when connecting with SSH, it says that the AP is in slave mode.

Does anyone have an idea where the issue could come from ?

If you need more information, just tell me.

Thanks a lot & best regards,

Jean-Christophe

• 2.  RE: Compatibility IAP-215 and IAP-315

Posted Feb 26, 2018 02:06 PM

Have you tried running them with the same firmware?

• 3.  RE: Compatibility IAP-215 and IAP-315

Posted Feb 26, 2018 02:22 PM

To elaborate.  The 315 joining will want to downgrade to same code as the cluster, but it can't because they are different model APs (different AP class software images).  In this case, it will look to the cloud to download the image (specifically from d2vxf1j0rhr3p0.cloudfront.net); and then join the cluster.   In your case, it could be that the 315 cannot resolve that name or get out to the Internet (TCP 80 in this case).  This should only be the case for the 1st "new model"; subsequent ones should get it from an AP of the same class in the cluster.

You can check the system log on the master virtual controller (show log system) and look for a message that says "AP class not match" to see if this is happening.

• 4.  RE: Compatibility IAP-215 and IAP-315

Posted Mar 05, 2018 03:27 PM

I think what is happening is when you set the static IP and country code, you are configuring 315 as its own different cluster. Could you try allowing it to pick an IP via DHCP and then join the cluster? It will pick the country code from the cluster setting. Once it has joined the cluster you can set it to static IP from the IAP UI.