Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuration of 4 Aruba IAP 105

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Configuration of 4 Aruba IAP 105

Posted Mar 24, 2014 11:35 AM

Hi,

I am new to Aruba accesspoints, I have 4 IAP-105 APs without controller (One of them acts as VC) installed in 4 floors of a building. In the GUI i can see them 4 together. I am experiencing, one of the AP in the middle floor often reboots (or the clients looses connection). The firmware in all the APs are 6.2.0.0-3.2.0.2_37229. All are static IPs and these IPs are excluded from the DHCP.

I can see some interferences as seen in the below screenshot. What does the number mean in the interfering and valid metric? are they count of interfering APs around me or channel number? This interference may cause the disconnection?

ap_interfere.PNG

Any helpful hints are appreciated to resolve this disconnection issue. Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Configuration of 4 Aruba IAP 105
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 24, 2014 11:40 AM

I would begin by updating the SW version.  3.2.0.2 is several major versions old.  The current version is 4.0.0.4.   To upgrade go to the Maintenance tab -> Firmware -> Check for SW Updates.

Interfering APs are just other APs in the area that may be on the same channel as yours.  ARM will choose the best channel for your IAPs based on what each IAP hears in the air.

• 3.  RE: Configuration of 4 Aruba IAP 105

Posted Mar 24, 2014 11:58 AM

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your quick update. I have checked for newer updates many times but i get message no updates available. To my surprise now, i checked again and found there is new update! Now i am downloading the image and updating. Let us see it will solve the issue.

Would you please tell me what does the number means in the interfering graph i sent? Is it number of APs interfereing or channel?

• 4.  RE: Configuration of 4 Aruba IAP 105

Posted Mar 24, 2014 12:03 PM

The firmware is updated to 6.3.1.2-4.0.0.4_42384. Is there any configuration checks i have to verify?

• 5.  RE: Configuration of 4 Aruba IAP 105

Posted Mar 24, 2014 01:30 PM

Download a copy of the IAP 4.0 Users Guide.  Chapter 4 Table 10 provides a description of Interfering APs, Rogue APs, etc.   The number in your screen capture represents the number of Interfering APs heard in the air.

• 6.  RE: Configuration of 4 Aruba IAP 105

Posted Mar 25, 2014 01:22 AM

Thanks for the update. I will download the userguide. Just a quick question, The interfering APs cause the frequent disconnection of my APs? How can I reduce the interference?

I appreciate your support.

• 7.  RE: Configuration of 4 Aruba IAP 105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2014 04:44 AM

bash,

The interfering access points are just access points that can be seen, even on other channels, by your access points.  It does not guarantee that they are causing your issues.  Please see the thread here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/Best-Practice-IAP-deployment/m-p/126555/highlight/true#M3694 with important points.

Once again, if you have only a single access point for each floor, how big is the square footage for each floor?  Do you have enough coverage?

• 8.  RE: Configuration of 4 Aruba IAP 105

Posted Apr 01, 2014 02:41 AM

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your support. Since the upgrade i have not noticed the disconnection.

Thanks again.