Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring Airgroup on instant

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Configuring Airgroup on instant

Posted Nov 24, 2015 05:18 PM

Hello,

We have about a dozen 225 APs.   We have about 200 employees.   80% of our employees have airbooks and iphones.   I was watching a video recommending airgroup.   Not sure if I need to buy a module or not.   I have no idea what settings I should check or uncheck.

They use airplay and use wireless printing and just about anything google for storage and apps.

Capture.JPG

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Configuring Airgroup on instant
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2015 05:20 PM
    Enable bonjour and DLNA at the top. Then I would check airgroup, airplay, googlecast, dial and the DLNA options.

Sent from Nine

• 3.  RE: Configuring Airgroup on instant
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 24, 2015 05:45 PM

Thanks - I'll do that.    Do I need to know anything about clearpass?

• 4.  RE: Configuring Airgroup on instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2015 05:52 PM
    You only need to. configure ClearPass if you want to add registration/policy control.

Sent from Nine

• 5.  RE: Configuring Airgroup on instant

Posted Apr 05, 2016 06:39 PM

If I were trying to figur out Airprint and stumbled onto this thread, would I also need to put a helper on the gateway router for the wireless VLAN to get the airprint traffic over to the wired VLAN, or will the iAP help with that bit?

(I'm a Linux/Andriod user trying to figure out an iThing concept - forgive the possibly misguided nature of my question)