Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring multiple IAP-103

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Configuring multiple IAP-103

Posted Dec 15, 2015 12:02 PM

Hi,

may be this is a quite dummy question, sorry in advance for it.

We have 3 Instant IAP-103 access points. We would like to set them properly to provide access to the same IP network, in order to exploit the dynamic management capabilities of IAP.

I configured manually the 1st access point, it works and it provides WiFi access to the underlying IP network.

Then I connected the 2nd access point to the same IP network of the 1s one and, as expected, the 2nd access point acquired automatically the configuration from the 1st one. I had just to change the IP assignment, from DHCP based to static. Moreover, connecting to the Web Interface of the first access point (or the second one) I can see that 2 access points are correctly detected. Then I successfully tested correctly the dynamic management features: if one of these two access points goes down, the virtual controller is reallocated and the WiFi network is kept active seamlessy.

Then I connected the 3rd access point to the same LAN of the 1st and 2nd ones. I would expect that also this access point would have acquired automatically the configuration from the previous ones. However, I was not able to see this additional access point through the Web Interface of the 1s and/or of the 2nd (through the Web Interface I see 2 access points only).

The strange fact is that if I connect only the 3rd and the 1st ones (hence excluding the 2nd one), I can see them. However if I try to add the 2nd one, I can't see it.

It seems that, from the Web Interface, I can see only 2 access points at time.

Could you help me understanding what is happening?

Best regards,

Diego

• 2.  RE: Configuring multiple IAP-103

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2015 12:05 PM
    Make sure you did not configure a duplicate IP address. They should all use dhcp, and you configure a virtual IP that they would all share.

• 3.  RE: Configuring multiple IAP-103

Posted Dec 15, 2015 12:07 PM

Many thanks,

However they have 2 different IP addresses...

• 4.  RE: Configuring multiple IAP-103

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2015 12:09 PM
    Can you log into them individually and see if they have the same firmware version?

Typically the last one to join gets sent to the internet to upgrade the firmware to match. If it cannot upgrade, it cannot join...

• 5.  RE: Configuring multiple IAP-103

Posted Dec 23, 2015 09:27 AM

Hi to all,

first of all many thanks.

All the 3 APs have the same fw version, which is:

6.4.0.2-4.1.0.0_44004

Moreover they have 3 different IP addresses (192.168.5.238, 192.168.5.239, 192.168.5.240).

Moreover, I assigned the IP address 192.168.5.241 as address for the Virtual Controller, which is the same for each AP (I guest the VC is unique inside a set of APs, right?).

Any hints?

Best,

Diego

• 6.  RE: Configuring multiple IAP-103
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 23, 2015 09:35 AM

I just emailed you the 4.1.1.11 for the IAP-103.  Please upgrade your IAPs to that version and see if you still have the same issue.

• 7.  RE: Configuring multiple IAP-103

Posted Dec 24, 2015 02:59 AM

Many thanks! the firmware update solved the issues. Have a nice Christmas!!!