Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Controller

Posted Nov 14, 2014 06:52 AM

I have a Aruba 600 controller, which act as a master.Now i want to install another controller in the same network. [for testing purpose]

My question is

1. does the 2nd controller import all configuraton from master?

2. I dont want to define it as local, if i dont is there any problem?

3.  There is one dhcp server in the network, so i want to give the controller and ap [which i'm               going to implement with 2nd controller]  both static ip,

and in ap i think to define the 2nd controller as a master controller, so from where this ap will        import configuration?

• 2.  RE: Controller

Posted Nov 14, 2014 07:02 AM

You can leave as standalone if you don't wanted attached to your production controller.

Make sure that you disable ADP so your APs dont try to join that controller in a reboot/bootstrapping event

adp discovery disable

adp igmp-join disable

For your testing APs , I suggest you create a new VLAN and use DHCP option 43 to discover the controller 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_60/UserGuide/DHCP_Option_43.php 

• 3.  RE: Controller

Posted Nov 14, 2014 07:13 AM

ok victor , now the cenario is  

1st controller is master.

2nd controller is in standalon.

now if i configure roles in 2nd controller, does it make any effect on master?

and also what is the command if i want again to turn on adp & igmp in ap...

• 4.  RE: Controller
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 14, 2014 07:17 AM
    It won't because these are not talking to each other , any config you put in place in either controller will not be share

• 5.  RE: Controller
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 14, 2014 07:18 AM
    To turn on adp on the test controller again use the same command but instead of disable use enable.

Don't turn it off in your production controller just on test controller

• 6.  RE: Controller

Posted Nov 14, 2014 07:25 AM

Thank you Victor

• 7.  RE: Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2014 07:02 AM
    Controllers are different from Instant. In order to utilize the same configuration and be able to terminate APs, you'll have to add it as a local. Your other option would be to take a backup and then restore but I would not put them on the same subnet.