Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Disable the SSID in a time frame using Airwave

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Disable the SSID in a time frame using Airwave

Posted Mar 04, 2014 09:24 AM

Hi,

I am looking for a detailed explanation/walkthrough of the Airwave configuration so that I can disable the broadcast of a SSID on a IAP during a specified time frame.

Any help is greatly appreeciated.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Disable the SSID in a time frame using Airwave

• 3.  RE: Disable the SSID in a time frame using Airwave

Posted Mar 04, 2014 09:40 AM

I had seen that post earlier however, it doesnt explain how to do anything. I looked through my version of airwave(7.7.9) in the groups tab, I do not have a "template".

• 4.  RE: Disable the SSID in a time frame using Airwave

Posted Mar 04, 2014 10:06 AM

Where is the instantap templates?? --> I did some screenshots for u - (version 7.7.9)

1+2: go to groups - choose the right group

12.PNG

3. Then when u in the group itself - u should see templates in the menu

3.PNG

4. enjoy - edit / config - what u need:

4.PNG

• 5.  RE: Disable the SSID in a time frame using Airwave

Posted Mar 04, 2014 10:42 AM

OK finaly found the "templates", it wasnt visible because we had set "enable instan GUI config" to yes under the "basic" in the "groups" tab

Still not sure how to get this done though, What template, from where and how?

• 6.  RE: Disable the SSID in a time frame using Airwave

Posted Jul 18, 2014 12:26 PM

There is no easy way to disable a SSID based on timeframe.  You can modify the template to disable the ssid and then create a schedule on when to apply the change.  Depending on your requirement, you would then have to modify the template and schedule when to enable the ssid.