Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Discover IAP-105 on AirWave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Discover IAP-105 on AirWave

Posted Dec 04, 2013 09:51 AM
      |   view attached

Hello all.

I'm configuring Airwave for the first time and I bough several IAP-105. I've already connected the AP to the infrastructure and got the right IP. 10.10.207.1 (DHCP Assigned). The Airwave is installed in other VLAN 10.10.241.11 and the AP is reaching the Controller, (I entered in console mode and ping the Controller)

Problem: The Airwave doesn't find the AP .1.

I've set a "New Network Scan" (Device setup > Discover) where I've put the following data 

Name: AP Network

Network: 10.10.207.0
    Mask: 255.255.255.0

I'm not sure what SNMP Credentials to use. I've used the following default credentials:
    admin (http) admin admin
    Aruba (SNMPv1)

private (SNMPv1)
    public (SNMPv2)

PS: I would like to enter my SNMP community string on each AP ("publicSECRET" and "privateSECRET", but I'm not sure if this is some DHCP Option, or I need to enter manually on each AP.

Finnally I've created a new scan with the following credentials:
    Netork: AP Network (10.10.207.0/24)

Credentials: I've selected all the SNMP and HTTP credentials

Automatic Authorization: Use System Defaults

I've started the scan but the system never found the first AP 

I'm making some mistake?
    I need to set the default SNMP credentials for the IAP-105?
    Can I set different SNMP credentials for the IAP-105 autommatically?
    Any thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Discover IAP-105 on AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2013 09:53 AM

If this is an IAP, then you need to add them to Airwave FROM the IAP itself.  Log onto the IAP cluster and at the bottom, there is a link to add to Airwave.

• 3.  RE: Discover IAP-105 on AirWave

Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:18 AM

• 4.  RE: Discover IAP-105 on AirWave

Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:45 AM

I too am experiencing a problem with this. 

Like was mentioned there was an Airwave "link" at the bottom of the GUI. I upgraded to the latest firmware 6.3.1.1-4 and now I only get the Central link at the bottom. I have a Central account but it is essentially the Instant GUI.

What are the other ways to add to Airwave other than Activate?

Thanks.

• 5.  RE: Discover IAP-105 on AirWave

Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:47 AM

Look under System > Admin...

airwave.png

• 6.  RE: Discover IAP-105 on AirWave

Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:54 AM
      |   view attached

What version is that? I have not got the option for Airwave. This is of the Central GUI.

In.PNG

• 7.  RE: Discover IAP-105 on AirWave

Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:57 AM

The screen capture was taken back in IAP 3.x UI (appologies....don't have access to a live one at the moment).  I just looked at my Central account as well and do not see a way to add the AirWave IP in Central.  Perhaps the assumption is since you are using Central you would not be using AirWave.  I will pass that on to Product Management.

• 8.  RE: Discover IAP-105 on AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:58 AM

@Marcus wrote:

The screen capture was taken back in IAP 3.x UI (appologies....don't have access to a live one at the moment).  I just looked at my Central account as well and do not see a way to add the AirWave IP in Central.  Perhaps the assumption is since you are using Central you would not be using AirWave.  I will pass that on to Product Management.

You Cannot manage IAPs with BOTH Airwave and Central.  It's one or the other.

• 9.  RE: Discover IAP-105 on AirWave

Posted Dec 04, 2013 11:38 AM

Thanks didnt know that.

Central was a route to see if I could configure Airwave through it. Ill disconnect and explore further.

• 10.  RE: Discover IAP-105 on AirWave

Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:56 AM

this "shared key" is for what?

I've configured the IP of the Airwave and everything seems ok for now.

This is a simple guide to set up the IAP-105 and Airwave.
    http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/unified-wired-wireless-access/21314/1/Aruba%20Instant%20and%20AirWave.pdf

• 11.  RE: Discover IAP-105 on AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:57 AM

Don't worry about the shared key too much.  It is only for matching for additional IAP clusters that come into Airwave.  It doesn't have to be set on the Airwave side.