Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Do you know how can i config monitor mode by command line?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Do you know how can i config monitor mode by command line?

Posted Aug 05, 2014 06:59 AM

Hi all,

I would like to know how can i change the AP225 to monitor mode by command line? Perhaps the solution could be in "dot11a-radio-profile" but i don't understand how can i use this comands.

After that I would like to know how can i restart it? is ok to use reload for restar it o maybe this comand coulb do a reset?

Thanks for all,

Xavi

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Do you know how can i config monitor mode by command line?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 05, 2014 07:16 AM

Are you talking about spectrum monitoring? You can try using the Aruba Solution Exchange page (https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/40). This page walks you through the CLI creation and at the end it gives you the commands with your entries where you can copy and paste it into your configuration.

About rebooting, once the configuration is done and saved, just provision the AP you want as a monitor. It will reboot itself to get the new configuration.

• 3.  RE: Do you know how can i config monitor mode by command line?

Posted Aug 05, 2014 07:39 AM
    The air monitor mode ( am mode ) as you pointed out can be set on the 802.11 radio profile once you do that you need to add that profile to ap group that AP is in but make sure you don't do this to APs that providing access to clients because will disrupt this process