Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Down grading OS

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Down grading OS

Posted Jul 30, 2013 03:15 PM

I have a client running an older firmware version. (6.2.1.0-3.3.0.0_38115) They do not want to upgrade since we just got there network stable last week.

They had an IAP go down.  I was going to lean them one of my spare IAP for coverage at there office.  I am at a hirer firmware.(6.2.1.0-3.3.0.2_38733.

How do I install the older firmware for the AP?  Or will the IAP be downgraded when it conects to the other network?

• 2.  RE: Down grading OS

Posted Jul 30, 2013 03:19 PM

GO to the support.arubanetworks.com site and download the IAP OS you want to install and then connect to the IAP and from the Maintenance tab > Firmware you can upload the OS

Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 3.20.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 3.17.38 PM.png

• 3.  RE: Down grading OS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2013 03:28 PM
    It will downgrade to match the rest of the cluster.

• 4.  RE: Down grading OS

Posted Jul 30, 2013 03:33 PM

New IAPs joining a cluster should upgrade/downgrade per the virtual controller upon joining.  If you feel more comfortable you can downgrade ahead of time per vfabian's instructions.

EDIT:

I am getting slow on the keyboard ..... Seth covered it...

• 5.  RE: Down grading OS

Posted Jul 30, 2013 04:34 PM

Thanks to all who provided information.  Just for the fun of it.  I am going to downgrade via the image file.  I have not done it before.