Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Drop Connection in specific Area

Good day Dears,

We faced a complex problem with our Wifi network, as we have Aruba 2400 WLAN Controller & Aruba AP60 Access-Points.

The APs was seperated on three floors, and only the clients, who in the second floor are, losing the connection temporäry, while the signal is too strong.

The distance between all Aps is about 7 Meters.

We are using:

ArubaOS 3.3.2.10 

Band Steering: disable.

I hope, that anyone can help us.

Best regards,

Mahmoud

Guru Elite

Re: Drop Connection in specific Area

[ Edited ]

Do you have a diagram of where the access points are?

Do you have a picture of any of the access points?

Are you using RF plan to see the coverage of the access points?

You probably know that the AP60 is a single-band access point that probably only operates on the 2.4ghz band.  It could be difficult to make a 2.4ghz only band AP work with high density. 

Band steering would not be useful, since the AP only offers a single band at a time.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Highlighted
New Contributor

Dear Colin Joseph,

This network exist since 10 years, and from the beginning of the setting-up to the last February we had no problem.

Unfortunately I didn't find any diagram, but i'm relative sure that no problem from signal ,density or distributing APs.

We hadn't anything changing, but the problem was suddenly occured since two months ago.

It's strange that the problem exists only on the second floor without any changing.

I have used the Wifi analyser to be sure that no problem from all APs in the mentioned floor.

Any advice from you..?

Many thanks.

Guru Elite

I don't have much information to understand what could be happening here...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: