Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Elder home / Healthcare asset tracking

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Elder home / Healthcare asset tracking

Posted Mar 22, 2017 07:32 AM

Hi all,

I have got a request to find out everything I can about what is needed to track wheelchairs / hospital beds / other assets. What more is needed then Wifi? I guess I'm in need of some kind of beacons / RFid tags and do they need some software to be possible to be seen on some kind of map? 
    Is is possible to get notification when certain asset leaves certain area for example?  We are quite new to this so every information could help. I've read some things on the Arubapedia but if someone has real use cases would that be very helpful. 

• 2.  RE: Elder home / Healthcare asset tracking

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 09:41 AM

Hi traustie,

Beacons are used to track accurate client location and push notifications. This beacons are deployed with WIFI and managed by meridian cloud server.

Meridina is used to create mobile Apps and manage the beacons.

location beacon provide blue dot line in your App which shows your exact location and proximity beacon used to push notifications to mobile user.

since you want to manage/monitor your devices, you could use Airwave server which is montioring/managing tool, where you could see all your client and RFtags on Airwave VisualRF floor plan. we could set tag alert in Airwave, If any tag does not respond to Airwave for an interval it will trigger an alert.

screen shot shows list of supported tags in Airwave

Capture1.PNG

Regards,

Pavan

if my post address your query, give kudos:)

• 3.  RE: Elder home / Healthcare asset tracking

Posted May 16, 2017 09:28 AM

There are releasing a asset tracking beacon, for just what you are asking, to findi ex. wheel chairs, medical equipment. So contact your aruba sales person