Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

External Captive Portal + Public Certificate

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  External Captive Portal + Public Certificate

Posted Jun 24, 2016 05:39 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm configuring some optimizations to my guest wireless network, I'm currently using IAPs 215 and also airwave.

Initially I was using the guest network configured with an external Radius + internal captive portal, it worked fine, but the internal captive portal is very limited and I also wanted to change the default url securelogin.arubanetworks.com to wifi-login.mydomain.com.br.

I configured my web server and in the default.html file I'm using the wifi-login.mydomain.com.br url.

I got a trial SSL certificate from comodo with the CN wifi-login.mydomain.com.br and installed uploaded it through the instant UI (it is now showing as current CA certificate and the default aruba certificate is showing as default server certificate).

Untitled pictusre.png

I configured an A record in my external DNS pointing wifi-login.mydomain.com to the IP where securelogin.arubanetworks.com is hosted (found it with nslookup).

When I connect to the guest network everything works fine, I get redirected to the custom web page and I can successfully authenticate with radius, but I get a certificate error:

Untitled pictureeee.png

I think the certificate error is happening because I'm still using the default aruba certificate. How can I ensure that my new certificate is used instead of the default one? I see no options to remove or manipulate the certificates within the instant UI. Can it be done using command line? If I remove the default aruba certificate and leave only my new certificate there, it should work, right? Has anyone here done something similar?

• 2.  RE: External Captive Portal + Public Certificate

Posted Jun 26, 2016 09:17 PM

I'll factory default one of my IAPs and test this in a lab environment tomorrow, I'll try to delete the default certificate through the command line (if possible lol).

If anyone has any insight on this, it would be much appreciated.

**bleep** certificate errors. Pffft!