Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Sep 05, 2015 06:05 PM

I am getting the error "Received no response from server" when checking for new firmware on my master IAP. I checked firewall logs and it's sending it's traffic to the Aruba servers, but they appear to be down. I've not changed any access rules or anything on the local network since last checking for new firmware either. It worked a week ago. One of the reasons I came into the office today was to upgrade these darn things...

• 2.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2015 06:07 PM

What version of Firmware are you currently on?  Depending on how old your firmware is, it is possible your certificate is expired and it cannot check firmware.  Please let me know what version of Firmware you want and what model of IAP you have and I will send it to you.

• 3.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Sep 05, 2015 06:11 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I didn't expect it for sure.

Current firmware version is 6.4.2.3-4.1.1.2_48114 and I have five IAP-115. The SSL cert seems to expire in 2021 though, unless there is another cert somewhere I am not aware of that is being used for this connection.

Thanks again!

• 4.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Sep 05, 2015 06:28 PM

I got your file and upgraded all the IAPs, so they are now on the updated firmware you sent without issue. I am still seeing "Received no response from server" however still when checking for updated firmware. At least they have been upgraded though. Thanks again for the quick firmware request.

• 5.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Sep 21, 2015 01:55 PM

I am having the same problems with updating my firmware and having problems finding the firmware.  Can the file be sent to me.  Currently my 5 IAP 105's are at 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.1_46936

thank you!

• 6.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Sep 21, 2015 03:45 PM
    do you have access to the support site? if Yes, you can manually download it.

• 7.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Oct 13, 2015 01:26 PM

I don't have access to the support site and my IAP205 is receiving the same error, currently version 6.4.2.3-4.1.1.3_48994 with cert expiring 8/11/2017.  Can I get a manual update or how do I resolve?

• 8.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Oct 13, 2015 01:47 PM

Do you have the option to manually upgrade via Image URL?  Go to Maintenance>>Firmware and check the radio button "Image URL."  The URL is: http://images.arubanetworks.com/fwfiles/INSERT_IMAGE_VERSION_HERE

For example, my IAP-205s are currently on 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.7_50209, so to upgrade to the next version I would enter URL: http://images.arubanetworks.com/fwfiles/ArubaInstant_Taurus_6.4.2.6-4.1.1.8_50989

Has always worked like a charm for me.

• 9.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 15, 2015 08:02 AM

Might be worth checking DNS as my understanding is that you'll be accessing a download URL, if the DNS server which is being used by the IAP is not correct or having issues then this might be the cause.

• 10.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Feb 14, 2017 10:23 AM

I don't know if you have solved this or not but for our network it was eventually determined that the IAP system clock was off. I put in an NTP server address and now everything is spiffy again. Took me a good long while to figure it out though.

• 11.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Sep 14, 2017 05:44 AM

I had the same problem.

Solved in this way (correct NTP IP address)

Thanks alot!

• 12.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Oct 10, 2017 05:42 PM

I'm still getting the same error message "received no response from server" even after updating NTP server IP.

Any idea what is going on ?

My current firmware: 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0_57768

Thanks.

• 13.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2017 10:05 PM

The clock in the logs must also be correct or from today, for you to know that NTP is working.  

• 14.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Oct 11, 2017 03:13 PM

Thank you for prompt reply cjoseph.

I run few log reports and all of them shows correct timing, so I'm assuming that NTP works fine.

I'm using the following NTP : 

24.56.178.140wwv.nist.gov

• 15.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Oct 18, 2017 10:28 AM

Thank you for this.  This was my exact issue.  The time on the virtual controller was wrong even though all the APs were fine.  Fixed that and the update is here.

• 16.  RE: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

Posted Mar 28, 2018 11:47 AM

Saludos Cordiales, necesito actualizar los firmware de algunos equipos de mi empresa y quiero que me diga cual es la ultima version de estos, y donde descargo las actualizaciones y los pasos para actualizar correctamente:

IAP 103

Version:
    6.4.2.6-4.1.1.6_50009

IAP 207

Version:
    6.5.1.0-4.3.1.2_58595