Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

For the Beginner - Aruba Instant - IAP - Basic setup

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  For the Beginner - Aruba Instant - IAP - Basic setup

Posted Jul 06, 2012 12:25 PM
      |   view attached

For review

MJR

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: For the Beginner - Aruba Instant - IAP - Basic setup

Posted Dec 09, 2014 09:32 PM

This is a very helpful document.  I've been looking for something at this level that walks through setting up a wired network that connects to the Instand AP and then on to a cable modem.

Do you know if such a thing exists?

Thanks in advance.

• 3.  RE: For the Beginner - Aruba Instant - IAP - Basic setup

Posted Aug 16, 2017 04:52 PM

How can I use WebUI to generate a CSR?

• 4.  RE: For the Beginner - Aruba Instant - IAP - Basic setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 09:32 PM

You cannot generate a CSR with Instant.  You can generate one offline with Open SSL.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Instant/ta-p/275814

• 5.  RE: For the Beginner - Aruba Instant - IAP - Basic setup

Posted Aug 16, 2017 11:42 PM

OK, thank you. I was confused from reading this text in the manual:

Obtaining a Server Certificate

Best practices is to replace the default server certificate in the controller with a custom certificate issued for your site or domain by a trusted CA. To obtain a security certificate for the controller from a CA:

1. Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on the controller using either the WebUI or CLI.

• 6.  RE: For the Beginner - Aruba Instant - IAP - Basic setup

Posted Aug 16, 2017 11:52 PM

isn't there some sort of easy way such as to open a table and fill in the blank spaces or some other easy way to compose the text and then export the string to send to the CA? I see the instructions for CLI and the text string is so cryptic.

• 7.  RE: For the Beginner - Aruba Instant - IAP - Basic setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 04:50 AM

@Marktheelectrician wrote:

OK, thank you. I was confused from reading this text in the manual:

Obtaining a Server Certificate

Best practices is to replace the default server certificate in the controller with a custom certificate issued for your site or domain by a trusted CA. To obtain a security certificate for the controller from a CA:

1. Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on the controller using either the WebUI or CLI.

Can you point to the text in the Instant AP manual that says this?  It looks like those are instructions from the Campus Controller manual, where you can actually create a CSR.  Instant APs do not allow you to create a CSR.  There are instructions on how to create a CSR with OpenSSL here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-Create-a-Certificate-for-Instant-Captive-Portal-using/ta-p/277025