Controllerless Networks

Aruba Employee

For the Beginner - Aruba Instant - IAP - Basic setup

For review

MJR

New Contributor

Re: For the Beginner - Aruba Instant - IAP - Basic setup

This is a very helpful document.  I've been looking for something at this level that walks through setting up a wired network that connects to the Instand AP and then on to a cable modem.

Do you know if such a thing exists?

Thanks in advance.

Occasional Contributor I

How can I use WebUI to generate a CSR?

Guru Elite

You cannot generate a CSR with Instant.  You can generate one offline with Open SSL.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Instant/ta-p/275814

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

OK, thank you. I was confused from reading this text in the manual:

Obtaining a Server Certificate

Best practices is to replace the default server certificate in the controller with a custom certificate issued for your site or domain by a trusted CA. To obtain a security certificate for the controller from a CA:

1. Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on the controller using either the WebUI or CLI.

Occasional Contributor I

isn't there some sort of easy way such as to open a table and fill in the blank spaces or some other easy way to compose the text and then export the string to send to the CA? I see the instructions for CLI and the text string is so cryptic.

Guru Elite

Marktheelectrician wrote:

OK, thank you. I was confused from reading this text in the manual:

Obtaining a Server Certificate

Best practices is to replace the default server certificate in the controller with a custom certificate issued for your site or domain by a trusted CA. To obtain a security certificate for the controller from a CA:

1. Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on the controller using either the WebUI or CLI.

Can you point to the text in the Instant AP manual that says this?  It looks like those are instructions from the Campus Controller manual, where you can actually create a CSR.  Instant APs do not allow you to create a CSR.  There are instructions on how to create a CSR with OpenSSL here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-Create-a-Certificate-for-Instant-Captive-Portal-using/ta-p/277025

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: