Controllerless Networks

Aruba

Guest Provisioning for IAPs

Is there a roadmap for this feature on IAPs?    

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Aruba Employee

Re: Guest Provisioning for IAPs

You should talk to your local sales team about that.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Aruba

Thanks for the reply, but the local sales team does not have the answer to this.   I was hoping to possibly get some feedback from other Aruba employees outside of my area that may have some insight into any future roadmap on the topic.   As a partner I see this request come in from customers repeatedly.   One response would be to sell Clearpass Guest/Amigopod, but most customers that are considering Instant are budget conscious, so a centralized provisioning portal is unavailable to them on the Instant platform. 

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

what exactly are you looking for? because it seems IAPs can do guest access and creating guest users, is it self provisioning?

New Contributor

Set up a guest ssid (and network vlan) and create local accounts. Make sure your PEF is configured appropriately.

I'm told that the IAP supports local captive portal but not external; however, this might change in upcoming versions of code.

Guru Elite

IAP currently supports internal and external Captive Portal.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Here is the video showing you how to configure Aruba Instant Captive Portal using Internal authentication server. The demo is based on Aruba Instant OS 6.1.3.4_3.1.0.0.

(view in My Videos)

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: